Some courses (subjects) have prerequisites or core-requisites. Maybe you want students to pass subject A in semester 1 before they can take subject B in semester 2. Subject A therefore is a prerequisite to subject B. If subject A was not taken or failed, system will not copy subject B during semester 2 registration.
When student wants to take subject A in semester 2 but it is mandatory for him to also take subject B so he can take subject A, subject B is therefore known as a core-requisite to subject A.
To enable this feature, make sure Incomplete Prerequisite Subject is turned on in Settings > Academic > General.
Add Prerequisite Course
- Find Settings on Navigation Bar located on the left side of the screen > Navigate to Academic
- Under Academic, click Courses
- To add new prerequisite course, click Requisite Course
- System will navigate user to Requisites page > click Add New
- In Faculty field, select faculty
- In Type field, select type of requisites
- Tick courses to create new requisite
Update Prerequisite Course
Update the type of requisite by clicking the drop-down menu under Type column.
Delete Prerequisite Course
- Find Setting on Navigation Bar located on the left side of the screen > Navigate to Academic
- Under Academic, click Courses> Click Requisite Course
- Click Delete
- On delete confirmation prompt, click Delete